Tibet Brief – Edition 60
by melanie.blondelle | September 1, 2017 1:41 pm
The Tibet Brief is an ICT publication for policy-makers, providing concise information and perspectives on the political, economic and human rights situation in Tibet. In this edition:
- UNESCO approves controversial World Heritage Tibet nomination
- Liu Xiaobo’s death – an indelible blot on the history of the Chinese Communist Party
- Major live fire drill in Tibet amid China-India border dispute highlights political imperatives
- EU diplomats pay rare visit to Tibet
- Two further Tibetans self-immolations in exile in July 2017
- Italian Government confirms the right of Tibetan refugees to travel to Italy but detains Uyghur exile group leader, raising fears of Chinese interference in Europe
- Tech giant Apple accused of “aiding” China’s censorship efforts
- Political Prisoner Focus
- Reading Suggestions
- Upcoming events
Click here to read the Tibet Brief.
The French version is available here.
- here: http://www.tibetpolicy.eu/wp-content/uploads/Tibet-Brief-August-2017-EN.pdf
- here: http://www.tibetpolicy.eu/wp-content/uploads/Tibet-Brief-August-2017-FR.pdf
Source URL: http://www.tibetpolicy.eu/tibet-brief-edition-60/
Copyright ©2019 Tibet Policy unless otherwise noted.